The fifth generation of legendary Litespeed boasts a higher retrieve rate and narrower spool for improved line handling,an integrated drag cassette for a stiffer frame, and an ergonomic drag knob. A new version of our Hard Aloxprovides a more beautiful and consistent finish. Manufactured in the U.S.A. and assembled in Boise, Idaho.
Few things are more important to us than access to the outdoors. One of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers’ primarygoals is to speak for outdoor enthusiasts against rapidly increasing threats to our public lands and waters. We atWaterworks-Lamson, in collaboration with First Lite, offer this special edition Litespeed - clad in First Lite’s Fusioncamo - to support BHA. In this spirit, a portion of all sales of this collaborative piece will be donated to BHA tohelp fund their efforts on behalf of all hunters and anglers to conserve and maintain access to the lands, watersand wildlife we love.
- Format: Large Arbor
- Materials: Machined Aluminum, stainless steel
- Finish: Type II Hard Alox
- Do not remove the drag knob or the two-holed nut in the center of the drag knob for any reason.
- Always ensure the Gland Cap is tight, especially before using the reel the first time or after reversing the retrieve direction. Be sure to periodically check that the cap is on securely; it should always be firmly tightened by hand, do not use a tool. The Gland Cap should seat completely on the drag cylinder when installed properly.
- The drag system is meant to operate lubrication free. Do not use any type of oil or lubricant in or around the drag system. A small amount of WD-40 may be applied to the retrieve handle in order to remove any dirt build up between the handle and the handle shaft.
- Freshwater Use: Occasionally rinse your reel thoroughly under fresh running water and wipe the spool and frame to remove any debris or dirt build up. Be sure to wipe down the spindle on the spool and keep it free of debris.
Be sure to rinse the reel under fresh running water after every use in a salt environment. Occasionally rinse the drag by doing the following:
- Remove the spool, unscrew the gland cap and remove the red and silver clutch assembly.
- Rinse all components including the inside of the drag cylinder thoroughly with fresh running water.
- Allow all components to dry completely before reassembly.