NOT JUST A REINTRODUCTION - A REINVENTION
Scott G Series are iconic fly rods. They’re medium action, smooth flexing fly rods treasured by anglers the world over.
Scott introduced the first G rods in 1976, and changed fly fishing by creating the first 9’ 4 weight fly rod. We also introduced the world to the hollow internal ferrule - the most sophisticated way to connect multi-piece fly rods in a smooth and seamless fashion.
In 2006, we introduced the G2 series and modernized medium-action fly rods by making them lighter in hand and increasing their recovery speed.
Now, we bring you the all new G Series. These rods advance medium action fly rods with two innovations. We’ve reinvented the hollow internal ferrule to make it more flexible, stronger, and more than 20% lighter. We’ve also combined our cutting edge fiber and resin systems in the most advanced multi-modulus layups we’ve ever created. New multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups.
The results are rods that help solve one of the toughest challenges in medium action fly rod design – how to create a rod that both bends deeply and remains stable. New G Series rods balance lighter in hand, have much more stability through the middle of the rod for better tracking, and generate higher line speeds. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of your favorite medium action rods.
We’re bringing together presentation and power, so now you can pull hard on 7X tippet AND fish in the wind. The all new G Series. Like no other.
- ReAct - ReAct technology combines our X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design.
- X-Core - Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
- Multi Modulus - By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, they’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks.
- Arc - Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Fiberfuse Resin - All new FiberFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- Natural Finish
- Mil-Spec III - Mil-Spec III anodize penetrates the surface of the aluminum, creating the hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish available.
- Titanium - With the highest strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance of any metal, our titanium guide frames let you worry about the fishing, and not about the salt.
- Universal Guides - These new, patented, American made guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
- Made in USA - Every Scott rod is made from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado.
|Recovery Speed||Connection||Flex Profile|
|Medium Fast||Internal Ferrule||Medium|
|Model ||Line ||Length ||Pieces |
|GS 772/4 ||2 ||7' 7" ||4 |
|GS 773/4 ||3 ||7' 7" ||4 |
|GS 775/4 ||5 ||7' 7" ||4 |
|GS 843/4 ||3 ||8' 4" ||4 |
|GS 844/4 ||4 ||8' 4" ||4 |
|GS 883/4 ||3 ||8' 8" ||4 |
|GS 884/4 ||4 ||8' 8" ||4 |
|GS 885/4 ||5 ||8' 8" ||4 |
|GS 886/4 ||6 ||8' 8" ||4 |
|GS 904/4 ||4 ||9' 0" ||4 |
|GS 905/4 ||5 ||9' 0" ||4 |
|GS 906/4 ||6 ||9' 0" ||4 |
Part Code: GS7724