The Amplitude Series of fly lines features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for the ultimate in slickness and durability. Each line is built with three textures for a reduction in friction, three colors to identify the separate parts of the line, and welded loops for quick and easy rigging.SA Amplitude lines are the culmination of decades of research, testing, and innovation; no finer fly line exists in the world. Amplitude is available in a number of different freshwater- and saltwater-specific tapers, so now you can reach every fish you’re after.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Floating Texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation
- Shooting Texture running line delivers longer casts, thanks to a reduction in friction
- High-contrast sighter to identify the back of the line when fighting fish; camo tip for stealth
- Powerful head loads quickly and delivers large flies to distant targets; ideal for tarpon, permit, snook, andredfish; useful for GTs, bonefish, and sea trout
- Built two line sizes heavy; use designated line weight for your rod
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments
- SA AMP TROP TITAN WF X F(X = line weight)
You think your floating line isn’t floating as well as it used to do, or isn’t as slick as it used to be? The reasons and the ways to fix this are probably pretty simple.Lines float because they are lighter than water, and because they are hydrophobic; they repel water. For lines to float their best, both of these features need to be working. The density of your line won’t change, it won’t absorb water and become waterlogged and sink, but if it gets dirty it won’t repel the water well and it will float lower in the surface tension and may get pulled under now and then. The key to good flotation is keeping your lines clean so the hydrophobic surface works.Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will float better, cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.
Part Code: 131919
Brand: Scientific Anglers
Colour: Black/Dk.Turtle Grass/Horizon