The Guru S series builds on the highly popular Guru reel encorporating placid and organic design features that, not only reduce weight, but also add in strength in the most important parts of the reel structure. Guru is our very popular, lowest-priced fully machined reel now in its third generation with updated spool geometry for better retrieve rates, open porting to reduce weight and improve line drying and an integrated counter balance for structuralstability. Guru sets the standard for CNC machined quality and reliability at a great price. Manufactured in the U.S.A. and assembled in Boise, Idaho. allowing the dimensions of structure and function to inspire beauty.
- Format: Large Arbor
- Materials: Machined 6061 Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Finish: Type II Hard Alox
- Drag: Sealed Conical Drag System
- US Made, Idaho Built
- Do not remove the drag knob or the two-holed nut in the center of the drag knob for any reason.
- Always ensure the Gland Cap is tight, especially before using the reel the first time or after reversing the retrieve direction. Be sure to periodically check that the cap is on securely; it should always be firmly tightened by hand, do not use a tool. The Gland Cap should seat completely on the drag cylinder when installed properly.
- The drag system is meant to operate lubrication free. Do not use any type of oil or lubricant in or around the drag system. A small amount of WD-40 may be applied to the retrieve handle in order to remove any dirt build up between the handle and the handle shaft.
- Freshwater Use: Occasionally rinse your reel thoroughly under fresh running water and wipe the spool and frame to remove any debris or dirt build up. Be sure to wipe down the spindle on the spool and keep it free of debris.
Be sure to rinse the reel under fresh running water after every use in a salt environment. Occasionally rinse the drag by doing the following:
- Remove the spool, unscrew the gland cap and remove the red and silver clutch assembly.
- Rinse all components including the inside of the drag cylinder thoroughly with fresh running water.
- Allow all components to dry completely before reassembly.
Here at Serious Fishing we are always delighted to talk to our customers. While we hope that we will be your preferred retailer of fishing tackle, we also hope to become firm and trusted friends with many of you.
When you're making a major purchase of a new rod, reel or waders, a bit of advice can be very reassuring. We will usually work in a bit of extra value for you as well.
Our team of fishing experts includes Neil, Tom and Trevor. You can reach any of us by sending a quick email to email@example.com Please include your phone number if you'd like us to call you back. We try and respond within a few hours max. Note: We're based in UK & Ireland time zone.
We look forward to hearing from you. Tight lines in the meantime.